Thursday, December 14, 2006

item

that's not on my list of 26+ before 26, but something i'd like to do. in addition to get in shape, i need to dance. even if it's just once a week, even if i can only afford to take one kind of class at a time, i need to do this. i need to gym, i need to yoga, i need to sleep, and hang out with friends, but i also need to dance. i need to put my bare feet on the floor, i need to get the kind of dirty that only a dusty dance floor can provide, i need to sweat and hear loud music and pant and thirst simultaneously. i miss the rush of nailing a routine - and the challenge of failing miserably. i miss things like spotting and and rolling, envisioning my body stretch as i reach toward the ceiling tiles with my fingertips while planting my feet on the floor.

and i want to supplement my studio time with reading about the history of dance. i am an intellectual, afterall.

No comments: